- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
- Some elements have low contrast levels (e.g. banners and headers)
We are working to address areas where our accessibility needs improvement.
Feedback and contact information:
Reporting problems with this website:
Technical information about this website’s accessibility:
What we’re doing to improve accessibility:
- Fix known issues
- Check all new content for accessibility
- Train all content editors on accessibility
- Carry out periodic accessibility checks
Preparation of the accessibility statement:
- Checked against WCAG 2.1 guidelines, with a focus on the items in the gov.uk’s WCAG 2.1 Primer Checklist.
- Viewed without style sheets
- Viewed on a small screen
- Checked using the WebAim’s Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool
Accessibility known issues:
Third Party Content
Our site includes third party content and functionality. This may direct you to a related service, link to another site or supporting documentation. We are not responsible for the accessibility of third-party content or to other sites we link to. This includes:
- YouTube videos
- Sound Cloud audio files
- Some elements of our website have low contrast levels (e.g. banners and headers), which can result in text being difficult to read, especially for people with low vision, poor eyesight or colour blindness. This fails the WCAG 2.1 success criteria 1.4.3.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with contrast. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment in December 2021.